Forest CLT will never sell or publish your personal data without explicit consent
We use data analytics to measure traffic to our website but it is totally anonymous and not linked to your IP address
If you sign up to our mailing list, we may use your contact details to tell you about our recent activity and invite you to events
You can ask us to stop doing this at any time, by emailing email@example.com
We will only share your personal information with third parties where we are required to or where it is necessary for an action that has your prior consent
We are not responsible for the protection of your data on websites linked to from this site
How we use your data
Forest CLT complies with data protection law, which states that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely
Personal data means any information that may be used to identify you, such as: your name, email address or phone number.
With your consent we may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Contact details including email address, phone number and address
- Date of birth
- Organisation and job title
- Details of how you have interacted with Forest CLT, for example if you have attended an event or board meeting
- How you have interacted with our email and web content
- Information about your housing needs
- When registering for events, we may ask for requirements around access (e.g. if you require assistance)
- Occasionally we may ask for information about your gender, ethnicity, employment status and any disabilities, but the purpose and legal basis for this will be explained to you at the point of collection
When we use your data
We will only use your personal data when we are allowed to by law. Most commonly this will be in in the following situations:
- When we need to fulfil a contract with you. For example, when we need to contact you about your membership of FCLT, or about our governance or events.
- When we need to comply with a legal obligation, such as our Rules or any legislation set out by bodies like the Charities Commission or Financial Conduct Authority
- When it is necessary for our legitimate interests. For example, to communicate with you about our events and wider mission, unless you have specifically informed use that you do not want to receive such communications from us
- When you have given us your consent to use your information for a specific purpose or purposes
- When we need to protect your (or someone else’s) interests or when it is needed for official purposes. This will only happen very rarely and if requested by legitimate external agencies and authorities to share this information.
Processing your data
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to members of Forest CLT who have a business need to know it.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you of a suspected breach as required by law.
Sharing your data
We may have to share your data with third-party service providers. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. We require all third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
An example of a third-party service provider would be an IT service provider (e.g. when we store your details on Dropbox or in a Google Form) or a regulating authority, such as the Financial Conduct Authority.
On rare occasions, we may need to transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area, where GDPR regulations do not apply. If we do, you can expect a similar degree of protection in respect of your personal information.
Cookies are text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device that help websites to function more efficiently. They work by remembering information about you that may make your use of the site more streamlined. We will ask you to
Cookies that we use include:
- cfduid: The cookie is used by cdn services like CloudFare to identify individual clients behind a shared IP address and apply security settings on a per-client basis. It does not correspond to any user ID in the web application and does not store any personally identifiable information.
Your rights and duties
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully
- Request corrections to your personal information
- Request for your personal information to be erased. You can ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest to use your data. You also have the right to object to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes
If you want to review, correct or request erasure of your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask for information to prove your identity to prevent unlawful data disclosure.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or Forest CLT’s data protection processes, please contact email@example.com